Monday, August 8, 2016

Last Impression of Yale

It’s time for me to leave Yale, although the day when I arrived seems as if it happened yesterday. I love Yale, not only because it’s Yale, but also because of who I am in Yale.

The Reading Room

I will never forget the reading rooms of Berkeley College. I spent hours and hours there revising an IEEE paper. When the reading room on the first floor closed at 12 pm and I went downstairs to the one in the basement, the moonlight splashed down its watery silver glow onto the yard and in the distance the trees were silhouetted against the deep velvety sky. When all my friends traveled to Boston on weekends and I alone had a hard time trying to get a tighter bind on my conclusion, the gothic building of Yale shone like a castle in fairy tales under the sunshine of a summer afternoon.

I will never forget the swimming pool in Yale. I swam for more than an hour every day. When my whole body was in the cold water, all the pressure disappeared magically. I wasn’t disturbed by stupid presentations or unfinished essays, and the only thing I thought about was swimming and swimming. I hope in the future, no matter how tough the problem is, I can always remember the time I spent there and went swimming to alleviate my stress.

The Metro North

I will never forget the Union Station near Yale. After having submitted the final version of the paper, I went to NYC by myself. The moment I boarded the train, I felt an excitement I had seldom experienced before. It’s lucky to be young and healthy so I can explore anything and anywhere in the planet I lived on. On my way back to Yale, I recalled the adventure of the whole weekend while watching the sunset. Maybe years from now, when I take the Metro North Train again, I will be proud of the enthusiastic girl I once was.

There are so many thing to remember that it’s hard to say goodbye. I will never forget that the 20-year-old girl, with her own ambition, had a fantastic time in Yale in the summer of 2016. No matter how perilous the future road is, I can always get courage from looking back on my experience here.

My Classmates And I

No comments:

Post a Comment